(gluten free, nut free, dairy free)
This banana oat pancake recipe is possibly the simplest, quickest, and tastiest pancake recipe I’ve ever made! With only 5 staple ingredients, you can whip these up in 10 minutes in the morning with minimal effort and clean up.
Ingredients you need for these Banana Oat Pancakes:
- banana, ripe
- whole egg (or egg whites)
- oat flour
- baking powder
- cinnamon (optional)
I highly recommend also adding some fun mix-ins (blueberries, chocolate chips) and toppings (maple syrup, homemade nut butter, fresh fruit) to these pancakes! You may also mix in a spoonful of chia, hemp, or ground flaxseed for some healthy fats.
Check out my guide to homemade nut butters to learn how to make your own almond butter and peanut butter!
How do I make homemade oat flour?
All you do is blend any kind of oat (thick rolled, steel cut, or quick cooking) in a blender or food processor and blend until they form a fine flour. That’s it!
Other recipes with homemade oat flour:
Watch the video below on how to make these banana oat pancakes!Print
Banana Oat Pancakes
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 3–4 pancakes 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
A super simple, go-to banana pancake recipe that takes only a few minutes to whip up! These are gluten free and nut free as well.
For the pancakes:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg (or 3 tbsp egg whites)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup oat flour* (+ 1 tbsp if mixture is too wet/banana is large)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
Mix in suggestions:
- chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp ground flax, chia, or hemp seeds
- maple syrup
- nut butter
- fresh fruit
- Mash banana in a bowl, then mix in egg.
- Mix in vanilla, flour, and baking powder.
- Bring a pan to medium heat. Once heated, place pancake batter on pan and let cook until bubbles pop and golden brown on the bottom. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Top with fresh berries, chocolate chips, more bananas, nut butter, hemp or chia seeds, maple syrup, or whatever you desire!
*Make your own oat flour by blending oats into a fine flour!
Make it Vegan: Replace the egg with 3 tbsp aquafaba. The texture of the pancake won’t be as fluffy, but it will still work!
Make it Gluten Free: Use gluten free oats.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Pancakes
Delicious! Your recipe inspired me to make my first pancakes in decades!
I’m honoured! Thank you for trying it out!