(can be vegan, gluten free, or nut free)
If you are looking for a simple, nutrient dense, no-nonsense granola recipe, you’ve come to the right place! Crunchy, nutty, and with warm hints of cinnamon, this granola really hits the spot as a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. Plus it could not be easier to make! Just toss everything in a bowl, mix, and bake!
What you need for this Honey Cinnamon Granola:
- almond butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- honey (or maple syrup)
- ground flaxseed (optional)
- ground cinnamon
- thick rolled oats
- walnuts (or any nut)
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
There are a lot of substitutions you can make here, so feel free to change up the ingredients to what you have available. Granola is pretty flexible, so you can’t really go wrong!
How do I make this vegan?
It couldn’t be easier – just replace the honey with maple syrup or agave syrup!
How do I make this gluten free?
Make sure your thick rolled oats are gluten free. Although pats are naturally gluten free, there can be some cross contamination in farming/processing. Just check the label!
How do I make this nut free?
Use a seed butter like sunflower seed butter. Replace the 1/2 cup walnuts with more oats and/or seeds (1/4 cup oats + 1/4 cup seeds). Some bulkier seed options include sunflower or pumpkin seeds, while some smaller seed options are chia, hemp, or flax. Get creative and find a combination you enjoy!
Honey Cinnamon Granola
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 5 cups granola 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
Super easy, delicious, and nutritious granola recipe that’s perfect for quick breakfasts or snacks!
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (optional)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or any nut – pecans, sliced or whole almonds)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond butter, honey, and vanilla. Add in the ground flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the thick rolled oats until well combined. Then mix in the walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 minutes, mixing/flipping halfway through (at ~9 minutes). Let cool before breaking into pieces.
- Serve with milk or yogurt and top with fruit or whatever you desire! Store in an airtight container (large mason jars work great) for as long as one month (if it lasts that long!).
Make it Vegan: Replace the honey with maple syrup or agave syrup.
Make it Gluten Free: Ensure you use gluten free thick rolled oats.
Make it Nut Free: Use a seed butter like sunflower seed butter. Replace the 1/2 cup walnuts with more oats and/or seeds (1/4 cup oats + 1/4 cup seeds). Some bulkier seed options include sunflower or pumpkin seeds, while some smaller seed options are chia, hemp, or flax. Get creative and find a combination you enjoy!
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Category: Granola
Keywords: honey cinnamon granola, healthy granola recipe, easy homemade granola, cinnamon granola recipe, honey granola recipe, gluten free granola recipe, easy healthy granola recipe, honey cinnamon granola recipe, vegetarian breakfast recipe, easy breakfast ideas, healthy breakfast recipe, quick breakfast ideas
Mmmmm. Sounds tasty