(nut free, peanut free, dairy free, soy free, can be gluten free)
The great thing about tacos is how versatile they are; You can quite literally put any kind of protein in a taco and it tastes good (ground turkey or beef, pulled pork or chicken, lentils, tofu, eggs, fish, and apparently ham… not too sure about that one but to each their own!). This recipe puts a seafood twist on the traditional Mexican dish by using salmon, but you may use shrimp or white fish as well. The tomato corn salsa adds a light sweetness and crunch, and the zesty tahini sauce tops it all off with a subtle nuttiness and bright pop of citrus.
Another nice part of this recipe is that you can prepare the components beforehand, so that when dinner time rolls around all you have to do is the fun part – assembling! Any leftovers can easily be transformed into a salad the next day, or the salsa can be used on avocado toast or with some baked tortilla chips. Enjoy!Print
Salmon Tacos with Zesty Tahini Sauce & Tomato Corn Salsa
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
Super tasty and flavour-packed salmon tacos with a light and crunchy tomato corn salsa, and a zesty tahini sauce that adds a bright pop of citrus. Leftovers? This recipe can be easily converted into a salad or rice bowl, and the salsa can be used on avocado toast or with some baked tortilla chips!
For the salmon/tacos:
- medium tortillas
- salmon fillet* (enough for 4-6 servings)
- 1/2–1 tsp cumin (depending on size of salmon)
- 1/2–1 tsp chilli powder (depending on size of salmon)
- salt & pepper
- avocado, for serving (optional)
- spinach or arugula, for serving
For the tomato corn salsa (makes ~3 cups):
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or lemon)
For the zesty tahini sauce (makes ~1/2 cup):
- 2 tbsp tahini**
- 1/2 lemon, zest & juice (~1.5 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Prepare your salsa & sauce beforehand OR while salmon is cooking – whatever works best for you!
- Make the salsa: In a medium-large bowl, mix together the tomato, bell pepper, corn, red onion, cilantro/parsley, and lime juice. Keep covered in fridge if making beforehand!
- Make the sauce: In a small jar or container, mix the tahini, lemon zest & juice, dijon, and garlic powder until well combined (use a fork or small whisk). Keep covered in fridge if making beforehand!
- Prepare & cook the salmon: Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray it with oil to prevent sticking. Place salmon on prepared sheets, sprinkle on cumin, chilli powder, salt & pepper, and bake for 25-40 minutes (depending on size!).
- Assemble to tacos: Heat the tortillas on a pan until warm & slightly crispy. Top with spinach or arugula, tomato corn salsa, salmon, avocado, and zesty tahini sauce.
*You may use shrimp or white fish as well
**If you don’t have tahini or don’t like it, try using cashew butter or sunflower butter instead!
Any leftovers can easily be transformed into a salad, rice bowl, or wrap the next day, or the salsa can be used on avocado toast or with some baked tortilla chips.
Make it Gluten Free: Use gluten free tortillas
Make it Vegan: Cook some tofu or tempeh instead of the salmon! Season it similarly, with cumin, chili powder, and salt & pepper.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: main meals
Keywords: salmon, tacos, salsa, tahini, lemon, sauce, fish, nuts free, main meals