If you’ve ever wondered how to make homemade salsa, look no further! This recipe is seriously easy, can be made in approximately 5 minutes, and will leave you wondering why you haven’t been making salsa all your life! Oh, and there’s also a baked pita chip recipe that’s as easy as cutting and baking pita bread. If this recipe doesn’t make you feel like a proud, competent, salsa-and-chip-making boss, I don’t know what will!
Ingredients you’ll need for this Easy Tomato Salsa with Baked Pita Chips:
- whole wheat pitas
- fresh tomatoes
- canned diced tomatoes
- fresh cilantro
- red onion
- lime juice
- chilli powder
- ground black pepper
How do I make homemade salsa?
It could not be easier: Throw everything into a small food processor or blender, pulse until combined, and BAM – you just made your own salsa! Look at you go!
What if I don’t have a food processor or blender?
Simply chop up all the ingredients and mix together in a bowl. The only difference is that it will be a chunkier texture, which you might even prefer!
How can I make the baked pita chips gluten free?
There are a couple options here: 1) Use gluten free pita bread, or 2) Use store-bought gluten free crackers/chips!
This salsa recipe is vegan, dairy free, & nut free!
No need to worry about substitutions if you follow these diets!
Tomato Salsa with Baked Pita Chips
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Diet: Vegan
A super simple tomato salsa recipe that can be made in 5 minutes, paired with baked pita chips for dipping!
For the baked pita chips:
- 2–4 whole wheat pitas
For the salsa:
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes (juice removed)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup red onion (1 tbsp when minced)
- small handful chives (1 tbsp when minced)
- 2 tsp garlic
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ground black pepper
- Make the baked pita chips: Preheat oven to 325F. Cut each pita into 8 triangles and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Make the salsa: Place the fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, chives, garlic, lime juice, chilli powder, salt, and pepper in a small food processor or blender and pulse until combined. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Make it Gluten Free: Use gluten free pita bread, or store-bought gluten free chips.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Salsa
Keywords: salsa, chips, dip, salsa & chips, baked chips, baked pita chips, tomato, tomato salsa, easy tomato salsa, simple salsa