(vegan, gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian)
I’ve been meaning to share this recipe for a while now, and am so happy it’s finally up for you to enjoy! These crunchy peanut tofu noodle bowls pack tons of flavour and crunch, and is one of my favourite quick throw-together meals. It’s also super meal prep friendly, making it great for easy back-to-school or work lunches (I used to have this all the time for lunch when classes were in-person)!
Ingredients for the Crunchy Peanut Tofu Noodle Bowls:
- vermicelli noodles
- choice of protein: extra firm tofu, chickpeas, shrimp, chicken
- carrots, shredded (buy shredded or shred them yourself)
- bell peppers
Ingredients for the Simple Peanut Sauce:
- smooth peanut butter
- low sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- rice vinegar
- sesame oil
- sriracha (or chilli paste)
For easy meal prep: Prepare the peanut sauce, soaked noodles, chopped veggies, and fried tofu all beforehand, store them separately in the fridge, and then toss together whenever you’re in need of a quick and tasty lunch or dinner!
Are these Crunchy Peanut Tofu Noodle Bowls gluten free?
Yes – vermicelli noodles are made with rice flour, water, and tapioca starch, so they are entirely gluten free.
How do I make this peanut free?
Feel free to swap out the peanut butter for almond butter or any other nut/seed butter (sunflower seed butter or cashew butter would work great!).
How do I make this nut free?
Use a seed butter like sunflower seed butter, and use sunflower seeds instead of peanuts to add an extra crunch!
Other peanut recipes:
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Muffins
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Pancakes
Learn how to make your own homemade peanut butter here!
Crunchy Peanut Tofu Noodle Bowls
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This super flavourful and easy noodle bowl recipe is perfect for quick plant-based weeknight dinners or meal prepped lunches!
For the Peanut Sauce (makes 1 1/3 cup):
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp hoisin
- 1 tbsp sriracha (or chilli paste)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
For the Noodle Bowls:
- 400g vermicelli noodles (or however much you need)
- 1 package extra firm tofu*, squeezed & cubed
- 2 medium-large carrots, julienned or shredded
- 1 large cucumber OR 2-3 small cucumbers, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- peanuts, halved (for topping)
- cilantro (for topping)
- Make the peanut sauce: In a small food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients until smooth. If you don’t have a small food processor or blender, mince the garlic and ginger and mix all ingredients together in a jar until smooth. Store in a jar in the fridge until you use it.
- Prepare the vermicelli noodles according to package instructions – rinse in water, then cook in hot water until soft, around 6 minutes.
- Chop up the vegetables and set aside.
- Pan-fry the tofu: Place oil in a pan and bring to medium heat. Meanwhile, squeeze the tofu to get rid of some of the water (you can press it for longer if you want, but it’s not necessary) and chop into bite-sized cubes. Place the tofu in the heated oil and fry on each side for a few minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve: Place the noodles, vegetables, tofu, and peanut sauce into serving bowls. Top with peanuts and cilantro, and enjoy!
*Feel free to use a different protein source like chickpeas, shrimp, or chicken!
Make it Nut Free: Use sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter, and use sunflower seeds instead of peanuts.
- Prep Time: 18 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Noodle Bowls
Keywords: crunchy peanut tofu noodle bowls, peanut tofu noodle bowls, vegan peanut tofu noodle bowls, vegan noodle bowls with tofu, vegan peanut noodle bowls with tofu, gluten free vegan noodle bowls, gluten free vegan peanut tofu noodle bowls, gluten free vermicelli noodle bowls, gluten free noodle bowls with peanut sauce, tofu noodle bowls with peanut sauce, peanut noodle bowls with tofu, gluten free vegan peanut noodle bowls, vegan tofu noodle bowls with peanut sauce, crispy tofu noodle bowls, crunchy veggie noodle bowls, crunchy veggie tofu noodle bowls, crispy tofu vegan noodle bowls