(vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, nut free, soy free)
This Spiced Cauliflower Potato Soup is my new favourite soup recipe! It has a great balance of spices and the texture is so smooth and creamy – you wouldn’t even know that there’s cauliflower in it. Great for a cold winter day!
Ingredients you’ll need for this Spiced Cauliflower Potato Soup:
- unsalted butter (or vegan butter)
- potatoes (Yukon, russet, anything!)
- curry powder (or your own spice blend)
- ground cumin
- salt & pepper
- low-sodium vegetable stock
- coconut milk (or whipping cream)
Use your own spice mix if you have one!
I use curry powder in this recipe because it is convenient for me, however if you have your own spice mix then you can definitely use it here!
Use an immersion blender or standard blender to puree the soup
I find an immersion blender works really well to puree this soup, since you don’t have to take it out of the pot you cooked it in. Using a standard upright blender works well too, you’ll just have to blend it in a few batches.
Other soup recipes you may enjoy:
Spiced Cauliflower Potato Soup
- Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
The ultimate cozy soup, packed with veggies and spices!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (or vegan butter)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves (~4 tsp) garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 cups potato (Yukon, Russet, anything!), peeled & diced
- 2–3 tsp curry powder (or your own spice mix)
- 1–2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- ~1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (or 35% MF whipping cream)
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion & garlic and sauté until the onion is softened (3-4 minutes).
- Stir in the cauliflower and potatoes, and sauté for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Mix in the curry powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the low-sodium vegetable stock, ensuring the stock covers all the vegetables. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 1 hour. Add more stock if the cauliflower is no longer submerged.
- Remove from heat and either puree with an immersion blender or blend it in small batches in a standard blender.
- Once pureed and smooth, place soup back in pot and stir in the coconut milk (or whipping cream). Reheat (to desired serving temperature) and add more salt & pepper to taste. Serve warm!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: spiced cauliflower potato soup