If you’ve never tried making homemade granola bars before, these No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars by Gathered Nutrition are a great place to start! They are super easy to make, use basic ingredients, and can be customized to your liking. I like to have these on hand for a quick on-the-go energy-dense snack.
- Use any crispy dry cereal you’d like (if you don’t have crispy rice cereal). I use multigrain cheerios and they work well!
- I have omitted the shredded coconut and chocolate chips before and they still turn out great
- If you don’t have goji berries, you could try another dried fruit
- The recipe calls for hemp seeds, but you could also use ground flaxseed or chia seeds
- To make them nut free, you could use sunflower seed butter
Storage recommendation: I like to make a double batch of these granola bars, wrap them in aluminum foil, and store them in the freezer in a big ziplock bag or airtight container. They stay together better when they are cold, and the texture is more firm (which is more similar to typical store bought granola bars). If they sit out at room temperature, they will get soft and may fall apart a bit.
Find the chewy granola bars recipe here: https://gatherednutrition.com/healthy-no-bake-chewy-granola-bars/
More snack recipes:
- Oatmeal Cookie Energy Balls
- Granola Cluster Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Muffins
- Honey Cinnamon Granola