A simple vegetarian pasta recipe, made with pre-cut and frozen vegetables. This recipe is very flexible with ingredients/measurements, so feel free to use as much or little of each ingredients as you’d like.
- 1 package penne pasta (or another short noodle pasta)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 a yellow onion, diced
- 1.5 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Basil, dried
- Oregano, dried
- 2/3 of a 26 oz jar of marinara
- 2/3 cup whole milk (or 2% milk mixed with 1.5 tbsp cornstarch while cold)
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until the onion is translucent and soft. Add in frozen cauliflower, corn, and peas and cook until soft. Add in carrots, chickpeas, basil, and oregano and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the marinara and whole milk to the pan of sautéed vegetables and cook for a few minutes on medium-low heat.
- Fold in the cooked pasta.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve warm.
Keywords: easy no-chop vegetable pasta